Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes with Chèvre
A delicious side dish that can be made with local ingredients year round.
Write a review
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- C2 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 4 cups Cherry and/or Grape Tomatoes, rinsed and dried
- 1/ to 1 cup Water
- to taste Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chevre Cheese or Feta (try Fairwinds Farm available at Earth’s General Store and Planet Organic
- 1/4 cup Chiffonade of Fresh Basil
- ln a large skillet, heat frying pan over high heat.
- Add olive oil and heat until oil is hot.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and stir for the next two to three minutes, until they soften and start to break and stew in their juices.
- Add 1⁄2 to 1 cup cup of water if liquid has reduced.
- Cover with lid and let simmer for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Transfer to serving dish and dot with goat cheese or feta.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil (chiffonade cut).
Seasoned Solutions http://seasonedsolutions.ca/