Carrot Ribbon Salad
This salad can be made in a matter of minutes. Feel free to modify it to suite your taste. If you are in a hurry, use a vegetable shredder or food processor to shred the carrots rather than using a carrot peeler to make ribbons. Mix salad with ingredients and dressing and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving to allow flavours to mix.
Write a review
- 8 oz. Peeled Carrots
- ¼ cup Raisins, rinsed and dried
- ¼ cup Craisins
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- to taste Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- pinch Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1 to 2 tbsp Sunflower or Pumpkin Seeds
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the carrots into thin ribbons (about 3 cups).
- Place the carrots in a large bowl with raisins and craisins.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, pepper and red pepper and toss into carrots.
- Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- When serving the salad, sprinkle with sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
- Covered, the salad will salad can be refrigerated for 2 days.
Seasoned Solutions http://seasonedsolutions.ca/