An easy and delicious way to use up your bumper crop of apples!
Write a review
- 4 Medium to Large Baking Apples, core removed
- ¼ to 1/3 cup Washed Raisins
- 2 to 3 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Apple Juice or Maple Syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Peel off the peel from the top 1/3 of the apples and place them in a baking dish just large enough to hold them.
- Fill the cores with raisins leaving about ¼ inch from the top.
- Place a spoonful of brown sugar on top of each apple, a pinch of cinnamon and a ½ tbsp of butter. Pour apple juice or maple syrup (or combination) around the apples (to ¼” deep).
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until tender basting with juice once or twice during baking time.
- Serve warm with ice cream, crème fraîche, whipped cream or custard sauce and finish with a sprinkle of icing sugar.
- Use the leftover baking juices and add to plain yogurt, crème fraîche or sour cream as your topping!
Seasoned Solutions http://seasonedsolutions.ca/